Last updated: May 18, 2019
This policy describes how Media Lab One (collectively, “MLO”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares the information we obtain from you online.
What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name, job title, company and e-mail address|
|Requesting a Quote on our website||Name, job title, company and e-mail address|
In addition to the above, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.
- Web server logs.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
MLO primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with information and services. We may use your information to track your viewing history on our website and to contact you for promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
MLO may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. Should you wish to opt out of this sharing, you simply need to opt out of e-mail communications from us.
• Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
• Other instances. MLO may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
• Business transition. MLO may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of MLO, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. MLO may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
MLO may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
• Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
• Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address and other preferences by emailing us at email@example.com|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICES
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or on Community. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact MLO by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes To This Policy